The Princeton University Jazz Festival will be held Saturday, April 15, and will feature live daytime performances by professional jazz musicians with Princeton University jazz groups. Here is the schedule:
- Noon-1 p.m., saxophonist Gregory Tardy with Princeton Small Group X
- 1:20-2:20 p.m., trombonist Michael Dease with Small Group A
- 2:40-3:30 p.m., Artemis (photo above: back row, drummer Allison Miller, bassist Noriko Ueda, alto saxophonist Alexa Tarantino; front row, tenor saxophonist Nicole Glover, pianist Renee Rosnes, trumpeter Ingrid Jensen)
- 4-5 p.m., saxophonist Jon Irabagon with Small Group 1
- 5:20-6:30 p.m., Jazz at Princeton Chair and alto saxophonist Rudresh Mahanthappa and Bird Calls(trumpeter Adam O’Farrill, pianist Matt Mitchell, bassist Francois Moutin, and drummer Rudy Royston).
The daytime concerts will be held outdoors on Richardson Lawn in front of Princeton’s Richardson Auditorium. A ticketed concert featuring bassist Rufus Reid and the Princeton Creative Large Ensemble will be held at 8 p.m. in Richardson Auditorium’s Alexander Hall. For more information, log onto firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTO BY EBRU YILDIZ