February’s issue of Jersey Jazz is out - do you have your copy?
- It’s almost here! The 47th Annual Pee Wee Russell Memorial Stomp is on Sunday March 6. Featuring a fantastic lineup of exceptional musicians, a lovely large dance floor in a beautiful hall, and a hot/cold buffet, it’s the perfect place to be with your friends and family. Details and tickets on our Stomp Page. You don’t want to miss this popular event.
- Dena DeRose, who you may recall at many of the Society events, is Schaen Fox’s interviewee this month. Now living in Europe, it’s rare to find her at our events, so this is a perfect way to reconnect with her. You’ll also want to find out how to get her new CD.
- The Chicken Fat Ball was, again, a huge success, with an all-star cast. Read all about it if you weren’t able to be there, and mark it in your calendar for January next year.
- Princeton’s Ed Berger’s jazz photography has been featured in a new book of unique poems by Gloria Krolak entitled Free Verse and Photos in the Key of G - Fradley Garner has this story.
- Dan Morgenstern alerts us to a new jazz club in Manhattan - be sure to read his review of Club Bonafide.
- There are a number of recent jazz CD releases - Joe Lang’s reviews are so helpful as we continue to build our collections.
- If you know of a local venue that is regularly hosting live jazz, but isn’t listed in our “Somewhere There’s Music” pages or on our website, please email us.
In addition to many interesting pieces in this month’s issue, there are ads for dozens of opportunities to enjoy live jazz in New Jersey and its surrounds. To receive your copy of the Jersey Jazz Journal, become a member by clicking on the Membership tab above!