Are you a current member of NJJS and a musician? Do we have you listed on our “Member Musicians” page with a link to your website or professional page? Please email email@example.com so that we can update our webpage with your details.
Our November issue of Jersey Jazz is out - do you have your copy?
- The fourth annual New York Hot Jazz Festival was another resounding success, this time held at the McKittrick Hotel in Chelsea – if you couldn’t make it, check our cover story for a wonderful review and photos.
- And don’t forget the upcoming fifth annual Exit 0 Jazz Festival in Cape May, NJ this month – details are in your copy.
- Schaen Fox interviews trumpeter Carol Morgan this month. She’s had a very interesting journey from her beginnings in Pampa, Texas, through Juilliard on a Miles Davis scholarship, to teaching, performing, and recording. But that’s not all…
- Wasn't it great that the 25th annual Princeton JazzFeast was not rained out? If you decided not to go, because of the uncertain weather reports, you can read all about it.
- There are a number of noteworthy events coming up in New Jersey and surrounds that we’re sure you won’t want to miss – check your copy for dates and times and be sure to add them to your calendar.
- Joe Lang has reviewed a number of jazz CDs for our listening pleasure – there’s something for everyone, and it’s not too soon to start stockpiling holiday gifts for jazz lovers!
- And speaking of holiday gifts – if you are a current member, you can purchase a gift membership for a new member for only $25. Why not spread the love of jazz and support the NJJS?
In addition to this brief taster, there are many other interesting pieces in this month’s issue, as well as ads for dozens of opportunities to enjoy live jazz in New Jersey and its surrounds. To receive your copy of the Jersey Jazz Journal, and to take advantage of other benefits including discount admission to events, become a member by clicking on the Membership tab above!