It’s almost time for the 49th Annual Pee Wee Russell Memorial Stomp – March 18th! Click on the link for tickets!
The February issue of Jersey Jazz is out – do you have your copy? This award-winning journal is free with your NJJS membership!
- It’s not too late to contribute to our annual fundraiser so that we can continue promoting and preserving jazz, providing sponsorships to students of jazz, hiring musicians for our various events, and encouraging youngsters to become fans – visit our donations page.
- We welcome new officers on our Board of Directors: Cydney Halpin as President, Jay Dougherty as Executive Vice President, Mike Katz as Treasurer and Carrie Jackson as Vice President of Music. Pete Grice remains Vice President of Membership, Sanford Josephson remains Vice President of Publicity and Irene Miller remains Recording Secretary. If you wish to reach out to any of them, our Contact page has their details.
- Another fabulous festival to attend is the Sun Valley Jazz and Music Festival, although the commute is a little more onerous. Forty musical acts in five days – their 29th annual event will be from October 17-21, 2018. You can get an idea of its magic from the article and photos in your copy.
- Have you seen our calendar – the Bickford Theatre is presenting two concerts of sons of jazz legends who have become musical stars in their own right: Chris Brubeck (son of Dave) and TS Monk (son of Thelonious). Your copy has the backstory to these performances – get your tickets soon, before they are sold!
- Looking for gifts for that friend or loved one who has everything? How about a gift membership to the NJJS so they can receive our award-winning Jersey Jazz Journal? If you’re a member whose account is in good standing, a gift membership is only $25! More information is on our Membership page
In addition to many other interesting pieces in this month’s issue, there are ads for dozens of opportunities to enjoy live jazz in New Jersey and its surrounds. To receive your copy of the Jersey Jazz Journal, become a member.